Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Korea wave

My boy friend and I have always been a fan of Korean food, especially Kim Chi and barbeque cuisines. Last Sunday evening both of us were watching K-drama and were thinking where we should we go for dinner. Suddenly the TV screen show a scene of a family eating korean barbeque beef. At that moment both of us have the urge of eating korean barbeque. I suggested why not we go to Seoul Garden in One Utama for korean berbeque buffet. Without second thought he said yes.


When we reach there, we were kinda disappointed because it doesn't have large buffet selection as what others buffet offered. The buffet line here has 2 selections: barbeque and steamboat selection. The soup for the steamboat you may choose tom yam, chicken or kim chi soup. Since we are craving for korean food of course we go for kim chi soup. The soup was bland, it was like they add a touch of kim chi and boil the soup. So what I did was, I took some kim chi from the buffet table and add it into the soup to make it more tasteful.

I'm not going to talk about every single dish one by one. But there are 2 dishes that I would want to share because I really like it. Firstly is teriyaki fish, the fish was fresh, juicy and chucky. Secondly is the mutton, it's not label so i'm not sure what kind of marinade they used but it taste great. Most of the mutton is fat cut and I have to slowly dig for those that got less fat.

I'm surprise to see bloggers give good comment about this restaurant. Was I too picky or I put too high expectation? Frankly I find RM35+/pax is not worth to pay for this kind of poor selection.


Service ***
Taste *
Presentation **
Price ***

1 Utama
Unit F235, First Floor
tel: 03-7722 1339, 012-609 7385

No comments: